Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Soraya and Alia: two elegant vibrators from LELO

If you can afford a luxury item for yourself or for a woman you love, one of LELO's elegant, uniquely shaped intimate massagers (as LELO refers to them) is a Valentine's Day gift that's sure to please, and I mean that in every sense of the word. They're smooth and beautiful, made of high-grade silicone, rechargeable, quiet, and waterproof. And did I say beautiful?

The Soraya  is designed to give clitoral stimulation with the "bump" section while you insert the elongated part for vaginal stimulation. The hole in the widest part is for holding -- you slip a thumb or a finger or two in the hole, and it's easy to hold and manipulate with no need for gripping.

The goal is the same as a "rabbit" vibrator, but this dual-action work of art is so far from "rabbit" looking that it's difficult to include it in the same class of vibrators.  Each pleasure point has its own motor, so you can adjust how much and what kind (8 modes!) of vibration you want. Most modes rumble or twitch from one section to the other, though you can get steady vibration in either or both  and even turn off one motor if you prefer.


As much as I wanted to love the elegant Soraya, I had trouble trying to make the clitoral bump land where I wanted it when the long part was inside. Although the bump is flexible, I couldn't position it comfortably without the innie changing its position and becoming less stimulating or downright unpleasant. For example, if I tried to rest the bump along my clitoris and follow my natural contour while inserting the long part, it went too deep and too far forward. If the innie was comfortable, the bump just grazed the clitoris if I bent it in, and that wasn't conducive to pleasure, either.

This isn't a criticism of the Soraya really -- it's a statement about how we're all built in different shapes and sizes, and that applies to our genitals as well as the rest of our bodies. Unless a fully adjustable vibrator comes along (I wish!), sizing and contouring them will be hit-or-miss. From other reviews I've read of the Soraya, most women don't have this issue and find the hot balance easily and eagerly.


My fit issue with the Soraya made me even more eager to try the  Alia, a clitoral stimulator with a unique shape: oval, with holding hole in the middle.

There's no one "right" way to use it -- experiment. You might want to lay it flat against your vulva, or hold it perpendicular if you prefer direct rather than diffused stimulation.

This vibrator has 6 modes from the control buttons that, while practically hidden to the eye, are easy to locate by feel. If you want to share the experience with a lover, the Alia is couple-friendly.

I really enjoyed the shape of the Alia and the ease if use. But it was just a tad too mild for perfection. It's strong -- plenty strong for most women -- just not super-wow strong as I prefer.




Thank you, LELO, for sending me these two gorgeous products for review.









Not exactly what you're looking for? Enjoy my other sex toy posts here.

2 comments:

  1. You're a very classy woman and I respect your blog wholeheartedly. My lover and I are starting our own and hopefully you might find our writing and stories to your liking... check us out

    http://www.lattesandlays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful, elegant toy and I think I am in love! The Soraya makes me very happy. The vibration settings change quite a bit - some are for the inside part, some are for the outside part, and some blend vibrations between the two. The variations are endless, since each setting can be sped up or slowed down to whatever you would like at any given point. It's easily worked with one hand, so the other is free to do other things. It's also very easy to keep clean. This pleasure product is worth every penny. I will be a Soraya fan for life!

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan