Sunday, January 02, 2011

Our Blog Awards 2010

It's such a thrill to look at the awards this blog received in 2010. This blog was created in 2005 when Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty was about to come out. My aim was to let people know about my spicy memoir celebrating senior sex, and to keep the discussion going.

Over the next five years, this blog became the way I shared news, views, and reviews related to sex and aging. Whether you were looking for a review of a book, film, or sex toy from a senior perspective, or questions from other readers age 50-80+, or advice from experts, this blog became a resource for you.

It branched out into senior sex in the news, dating advice, and quirky items that caught my interest. When  Robert died, the blog expanded to include grief, because part of loving at our age is losing each other.

These are some of the awards this blog received in 2010. I hope you'll visit these sites that recognize the importance of talking out loud about senior sex:

Top 100 Sex Bloggers 2010 -- ranked #10! And the only blog on this list that is both educational (rather than erotic) and deals with senior sex. Read the whole list here.

Aging Healthy: Top 50 Aging and Gerontology Blogs -- the only sexuality blog on this list.

Seniors for Living: Top 100 Senior Blogs & Web Sites -- one of just six blogs dealing with senior sex and dating. 

Pioneer Emergency: Top Senior Related Blogs -- the only sexuality blog on this list (find it under "Health and Fitness"). Pioneer is offering a special prize to one of our readers: three free months of  Pioneer's Medical Alarm System, which might be just the security that you or your loved one needs to summon medical attention with just the click of a pendant worn around the neck. I'll give this prize to the first reader who contacts me and tells me why this prize would be valuable to you.

This blog is also on many blog rolls and resource lists, and I thank all of you for supporting what we do here. I'm thrilled that this blog has been embraced as a resource by such diverse communities. I applaud you for your acceptance of this topic that we just starting talking out loud about five years ago. I welcome your comments. I hope you'll tell others what we're doing here.

As I approach publication of Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex, I promise to keep the lively discussion going!

(Note that this blog can be accessed via http://betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com/ and via the easier-to-remember http://www.nakedatourage.com/. It's the same blog.)

3 comments:

  1. http://www.wellnessover55.com
    Hi there, went looking for other 'Getting older' sites and found yours! Love it and have already bookmarked it. Am also going to send the link to my husband! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your many awards. You deserve it! And many more!

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan