Friday, October 22, 2010

This blog is #10 of the Top 100!

Oh wow, not only is this blog on the Top 100 Sex Bloggers list again this year, it's #10! (It was #29 last year.)

#10 out of 200 nominees! Blogs were judged on site design, frequency of posting, quality of posts, readership interaction, and more. Excuse me while I do a little dance. As far as I know, I'm the only "elder blogger" on the list.

Most of the other winners are erotic blogs, rather than educational blogs as this one is. So I'm even more honored that an blog aimed at providing solid information about senior/elder sex was voted worthy of being in the top 10 of all sex blogs!

For new visitors to my blog: I am the author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk About Sex After Sixty and the upcoming Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex. I started this blog after Better Than I Ever Expected was published in 2006 because I wanted to connect with my readers and continue the discussion about sex and aging.

This blog is all about senior/elder sexuality and related topics, including tips for improving sex at our age, reviews of sex toys from a senior perspective, books and films that look at senior sex, expert interviews, senior sex in the news, dating, and my personal love story. Because sex/love at our age does often involve loss, you'll find posts about grief as well.

Read this blog via either http://betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com/ and the easier to remember http://www.nakedatourage.com/. I hope you'll visit often. I love comments, so please share your thoughts. 

See all the Best Sex Bloggers 2010 winners here. (Warning: extremely explicit content on most of these blogs. If that's enticing, I hope you'll explore many of the top 100.)

I'm so jazzed about being #10! Many thanks to Rori and her BetweenMySheets blog, and all the judges.

- Joan Price

6 comments:

  1. This recognition is important. Joan's book is a bible for women hoping to learn more about sexuality, change and adaptation as we age. Her blog picks up where the book leaves off. There's a lot to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely deserved it - great content has a high place on the list every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making #10! I'm hoping through the top 100 now myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Joan! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful honor for your blog. I'm so glad you're out there talking about, and celebrating sexuality for everyone who's young at heart but maybe not so much in body ;)

    With love & respect,

    Ellen
    A Woman's Touch Sexuality Resource Center
    http://www.sexualityresources.com

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan