Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fragile Bones


I apologize to regular readers for my unusual 10-day silence. I was putting all my mental energy into finishing Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex, which is due to Seal Press August 1. I should have given more thought to my physical actions, though, because last Sunday in a lapse of attention I tripped, slammed into the floor arm-and-shoulder first, and have multiple fractures in the humerus head (shoulder end of the upper arm bone). I have osteoporosis, otherwise I probably would have bounced back with no more than painful bruises.

I don't want you to forget about how valuable this blog about sex & aging is while I recuperate, so I've enlisted the help of some of my favorite bloggers and authors whose contributions will start appearing in a matter of minutes. Thank you for staying with me -- enjoy the guests.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the fragile bone issue as I too have osteoporosis. I hope that you heal quickly and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan