Thursday, March 04, 2010

The Rock Chick doesn't... at least for me

[10/18/12 update: I learned that the Rock Chick has been discontinued (good idea!), but i thought you'd get a kick out of this review anyway, so I didn't remove it. Enjoy!]

The Rock Chick sounded like a great idea -- a flexible dual-action vibrator, one end inserting for vaginal stimulation, the other, nubby end resting on the clitoris. A "bullet" vibe keeps everything moving. I was excited when Babeland offered me one for review.

And then I tried to use it.

I must be shaped and sized very strangely, because if the vaginal stimulator end was inserted, the other end was nowhere near my clitoris. Not even close.  Although it's somewhat flexible -- the ends can come closer or farther apart, like a pair of tongs -- if I forced the outie to rest where I wanted it, the innie went too deep and jabbed me painfully.

I tried several positions, trying to follow the instructions to "rock" back and forth between clitoral and vaginal stimulation, but it either missed or hurt.


Being inventive, I figured out that the innie half was actually a very good, lively g-spotter if I used the outie half as a handle only. It was a comfortable handle, in fact, even for my typing wrist. I called a different clitoral stimulator up for duty: my Hitachi Magic Wand. The combination was marvelous. But isn't that a waste of a supposed dual action vibrator, to just use half of it?

Other reviewers have different experiences, and I don't want you to assume that yours would be the same as mine, and Babeland generously displays them all, positive and negative. I love that about Babeland -- they want the customer to know as much as possible, even if the reviews turn you away.
Sorry, Babeland, as much as I appreciate the opportunity to try it, the Rock Chick just doesn't rock for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan