Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sex educator Q&A Good Vibrations Magazine

Thank you, Charlie Glickman at Good Vibrations Magazine, for profiling me in the sex educator series. Here are some excerpts from the Q&A:

What do you love about giving sex advice?

I love the instant connection with people who trust me with their candid stories and questions. I love knowing that by passing along the information I’ve learned, I can help others improve their sex lives and intimate relationships.

What is the most difficult or hard-to-answer question you’ve ever received?

I guess the question that distresses me every time I hear it is, “My partner doesn’t want to have sex anymore and won’t talk about it.” I always recommend seeing a therapist — going alone if the partner won’t go – to figure out options for coping with this, but I certainly don’t know the answer. It’s a heartbreaking question.

What was the most interesting thing you learned in your exploration of sex?

It’s all interesting! Goodness, what could be dull about exploring sex?

What do you think is the biggest misconception about sex?

That we lose our zest for sex at a certain age. Certainly sex changes – it becomes more emotionally driven instead of biologically driven, our body parts and erotic responses aren’t as dependable as they used to be. But the desire for touch, for skin contact, for bonding with a partner, for soaring to sexual heights remain strong. These needs and desires are part of being human, and they’re lifelong.

Good Vibrations

No comments:

Post a Comment

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan