Friday, May 29, 2009

Joan Baez's 96-yr-old mom wants 97 men next birthday

I enjoyed this quote from Joan Baez about her mother in the San Francisco Chronicle:

[She] just turned 96 and had a giant birthday party. She had 96 cupcakes and next year she wants to have 97 men.


I'll bet she wanted 96 men this year instead of cupcakes!

I couldn't find a photo of Joan Baez's mother -- or even her name -- but Baez herself sure looks good after 50 years in the music business:



Her latest album, recorded at age 67, is Day After Tomorrow, filled with the kind of mellow songs of spiritual awakening and social activism that we expect from Baez.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you should write about Joan Baez. Just yesterday on NPR I heard a wonderful guitarist, Sharon Isbin. Joan does a duet with her on her new CD, Journey to the New World.

    Back in my California peace-activist days, I knew Joan AND her mother! I have great memories of a great family. Nice to know her mom's still feisty.

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan