Monday, January 12, 2009

Rita Rudner: Funny and Frothy

With a title like I Still Have It... I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It: Confessions of a Fiftysomething by Rita Rudner, I expected a laugh-filled and -- I hoped! -- spicy look at aging.

The essay collection is funny, but most are unrelated to aging (except with a 50-something's perspective) and there's nothing you wouldn't want your grandkids or minister to see you reading.


My biggest chuckles came from the one-liners, like these:

I bought a new wrinkle cream. If you use it once a day, you look younger in a month. Twice a day, you look younger in two weeks. I ate it.

Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd stepped in it a few times.

I have a new push-up bra. It's an underwire made of this special new metal that's attracted to the fillings in my teeth.



Nothing hilarious, but entertaining in a light, frothy way. Let's see what she writes at sixty!






2 comments:

  1. Like it if we could reciprocally link
    as well as if you could post your Rudner review and others on our wiki website
    www.babyboomreview.com

    Let me know
    Thanks
    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, you did not give me any way to get back to you and your blogger profile is not public -- please email me directly with your email address.

    -- Joan

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan