Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Has your kid helped you date?

Zosia Bielski, reporter with the Toronto-based Globe and Mail, is working on a story about Assisted Loving: True Tales of Double Dating with My Dad, the book by Bob Morris (see my review here). She'd like to talk to widows and widowers whose sons or daughters assisted them in their search for love, whether it was help with online dating, or setting you up with a date, or giving advice, or any other assistance. If you or someone you know might like to be interviewed on this subject, please email me and I'll put you in touch with Zosia.

Book lovers and gift buyers -- did you realize that you can view all of my book-review blog posts by clicking on the "books" label at the right? A good book is never outdated and is always appreciated! (Coming later this week -- my review of Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex, a fascinating book by Mary Roach, and an interview with the author!)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I wouldn't qualify for her study, because 1.) he's not my biological dad (he's my mentor, my soulfather) and 2.) he's divorced, not widowed, but I've helped my "Dad" with love and relationships before. (Sometimes I wonder who's the mentor and who's the one being mentored! ;-) )

    It happens.

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan