Monday, May 26, 2008

Dr. Romance: "Joan Price's book tells it like it is"

Many thanks to Dr. Romance -- Tina Tessina, Ph.D. -- for her review of my book, Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty. Tessina, Redbook's "Love Expert," is a licensed psychotherapist in S. California, with over 30 years experience in counseling individuals and couples and author of 11 books. Here's what she said:

This book was better than I ever expected. It's a wonderful balance of memoir, others' personal reflections, and fact. A very enjoyable, well-written, and useful read, especially encouraging and supportive for older women.

We live in a youth-obsessed culture, and too many people are afraid of growing older. Joan Price's book tells it like it is -- sex can be great after sixty, long-term relationships are worth keeping, and even senior dating can be great! This book looks at real life as we age, and sex as a reality of senior relationships. With lively interviews, expert commentary and lots of valuable information, it's a must read for anyone who is getting older -- and none of us is getting younger! Younger women will enjoy knowing that the future is positive. I will be recommending it to clients.

Tina Tessina's latest book is Money, Sex and Kids, a guide for handling marital conflict and arguments over these hot-button issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan