Saturday, May 05, 2007

Talking about sex with your doctor -- your experiences?

Have you tried to talk with your doctor about your sexual concerns? If so, how helpful was your doctor, and how comfortable did you feel during the discussion?

If you have sexual concerns but have not discussed them with your doctor, why not? What could she or he do to make you feel more comfortable about discussing sex?

I'm collecting people's stories for a magazine article I'm writing. Your identity will be kept strictly confidential, unless you give your permission to go public.

Please contact me and tell me your story! Thank you!


Joan Price

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 25, 2007

    When I was 60, I made my annual appointment with a female Obgyn. Was there anything else?, she asked after completing my exam. I explained I had not had a partner for several years and from time to time experienced urges that would not be denied. She referred me to www.goodvibes.com. She is a delightful, capable, personable woman, perhaps 37, who is an advocate for women celebrating their sexuality.

    On a more recent visit, on learning I now had a boyfriend, she asked whether I had any dryness, difficulty or pain with intercourse. For me, at 62, that definitely has not been a problem. You go, girl! She was clearly very pleased for me.

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan