Friday, March 30, 2007

Reader: "Thanks for having the courage to write this book!"


I love it when readers tell me their reactions to Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty. I just received this from Nancy, age 72:


Received your book today and have already read through it once! Thanks for the frank, honest words. Believe me when I tell you that I have friends in the age range of 44 to 82 that have given up on "the Big One," as I call it. Some, like me, had complete hysterectomies early...others went through natural menopause. But vaginal dryness, bleeding, and the problems with taking hormones have done them in!

I went through using the "ring" and was most uncomfortable. Creams are messy and rule out oral sex. After reading your blog and website info, I decided to try something creative and crawled into bed naked and spooned up to my husband. We tried something new, which to him had previously been a no. If it wasn't the "normal" position, forget it. Well...we had a great time and he's been smiling all day! Thanks for having the courage to write this book!

Nancy, I wonder what "creative" activity you tried with your husband that led to his daylong smile, but you don't have to tell! Thank you for sharing this with us!

By the way, I'm surprised you find the estrogen ring uncomfortable. I don't even feel it once it's inserted, no more than I felt tampons or diaphragms in my youth. I agree that creams are messy and interfere with oral sex!

Readers: If you don't already have a copy of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty, you can order a personally autographed copy directly from me, or you can buy it from Amazon.com using this direct link. Enjoy! -- Joan

1 comment:

  1. You know, Joan, that you're doing something very right when you are getting readers to react like this. How wonderful that older has become bolder - and that your book is providing all of us with the guts to grow.
    Sue

    my blog: Sue Katz: Consenting Adult
    www.suekatz.com

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan