Saturday, November 25, 2006

Trying to comment?

I'm getting emails from people who would like to comment, but aren't sure what to do.

1. Click either "Comments" or "Post a Comment," whichever you see at the end of one of my posts.

2. Ignore "user name" and "password" (which only applies to people registered with Blogspot). Instead, check "other" and then type in the name you'd like to use, with your real age, if you don't mind. (No, you don't have to be over 60 to comment.)

3. "Word verification" : You'll see some weird characters and the instructions "Type the characters you see in the picture above." Do that. This prevents an automated comment inserter from spewing ads and worse at us. Only real human beings can read and replicate the characters on the screen.

4. "Preview" means you can see what you've written as it will appear, and you can edit it if it's not exactly to your liking.

5. Click "Publish" when you're happy with it and are ready to share it with the rest of us.

(If you'd rather, you can email me your comment and I'll post it for you.)

Thank you for doing this! I'd really like this blog to become a community of people talking about sex and aging!

-- Joan

P.S. If you have a website or a book related to the subject of this blog that you think we'd benefit from knowing about, feel free to include name or title and link with your comment. (No feeble excuses for blatent advertising, though, and no links to drugs or sites that I might consider questionable. If in doubt, ask me.)

2 comments:

  1. I am 40yrs of age and would like to comment on "mature women" and their sexuality. I have been fortunate to have experienced relationships with "mature women". I have found those relationships have been less stressful and notice myself to speak openly on any subject matter. These women are more understanding and not as demanding. Whether we end up with each other or not I still maintain that level of respect as friends/lovers with all my "agless friends/lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a male, in my early 80's and have loved and lost two wondeful women in my life. Prostate cancer and surgary, midway through my second parden/relationship, complated our sexual life. In retrospect, surgary may have been a bit over-the-top. ED was the result, complamenting our sexual activities, and the commonly recomemced products; pills, injectiobns failed to work and Muse came to be less and less affective after several years - this was very expensive. The penial immplant, as suggested my my uraligust (also a surgan) seemed reather invacive so we paused a bit, and during this period my partner (of 82years) passed on with a stroke. That was about 10 months ago.
    With a few Rx, I'm still a hardy and healthy man I miss the closness of a mate tremendiously. Cautious of my uraligust, and in conversation with my regular doctor, an internest, we decied to try a vacum pump.
    I'm now developing a relationship with a exciting lady I've known a few years (now in her mid 70's). Must add, My interuim "interest" in her early 80's, I found was just not my type, thus I'm moving on.
    I think the point here is, for sure many of us, we have the desire for intimacy and sex, we may just lack the physical abllity. Who knows the outcomeof this; the urges for closeness are strong. With creative and confidance I more forward.

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan