Monday, May 01, 2006

Good Vibes: "the book that we’ve been waiting for"


Good Vibrations has posted a terrific review of Better Than I Ever Expected:

The best sex of your life is yet to be- if Joan Price has her way! She offers upbeat, comprehensive, explicit advice for [post]menopausal women about body image, changing physiology, cultural expectations, relationships, partner sex, masturbation, and sex toys. Acknowledging in a chapter heading that “It Ain’t Easy After Menopause,” she addresses the complications of hot flashes, HRT, and painful intercourse on the way to becoming a sexually seasoned woman. By including her own and other women’s personal perspectives, Price has written the book that we’ve been waiting for. Heterosexual focus.


I love the review, but I question "heterosexual focus." Although I happen to be heterosexual, as are many--but not all--of the women I interviewed, I also include the lesbian perspective, and most of the tips and techniques are not orientation-specific at all. Just wanted to make that point!

Thank you, Good Vibes, for the enthusiastic review!

-- Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan