Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Older age sexuality on TV?

Is our society becoming more accepting of older age sexuality? I wish.

One day I watched some television talk shows about the sexiness of older women. They dressed sexy, pole-danced, and taught the audience how to strip.

But these so-called "older" women were probably in their forties! I'd like to see women who admit and look like they're over sixty on these talk shows, rousing other older women to assert their sexuality--as the women I interviewed for my book have done.

We need to accept that women can and do stay sexy through the decades, and it doesn't stop when we no longer can hide the wrinkles or saggy skin!

2 comments:

  1. Kaycee, age 66November 17, 2005

    I think that you sould be on Oprah discussing your book. I think there are a lot of people, especially women, that could benefit from it. I did write to Oprah suggesting this but I know that she gets millions of suggestions for shows all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 14, 2008

    I believe public perception sees women over 60 as unattractive and sexless. This needs to be addressed. Some women actually perpetuate this idea, saying they have no interest in sex after menopause.

    I'm 66. After years in a marriage with no sexual contact, I broke out two years ago. Updated my looks, and began dating online. I have attracted met many, many men, have had two long-term lovers and am now exclusive with one of them.

    Most men tell me they are surprised that a woman over 60 is still interested in sex.

    As I said, this issue needs to be addressed.

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan